- Half a rock melon (or other fruit depending on the season)
- Sugar syrup (composed of 1 cup sugar and 2 cups water)
- Scoop out the seeds of the melon and cut into small cubes and process in a food processor.
- Add sugar syrup gradually to the melon until it tastes sweet but not too sweet.
- Pass this mixture through a chinois (fine sieve) using a ladle to press it through. Chill.
- Spoon an inch of this mixture into the bottom of a champagne glass.
- Add Prosecco in increments.
- Stir slightly with a teaspoon to help settle the foam.
- Be patient and keep adding Prosecco gradually.