Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Ganache
- 1 1/2 cups spelt flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Pinch sea salt
- 120g silken tofu
- ¾ cup soy milk
- ¾ cup maple, agave or rice syrup
- ½ cup sunflower oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g dark chocolate
- ¼ cup soy or almond milk
- Serve with vanilla soy ice cream and mixed berries
For the ganache
- Place a metal bowl over a pot of simmering water. Allow it to get hot then turn the heat off and place the chocolate in the bowl. Allow it to melt, then beat in the soy milk. Refrigerate until firm.
For the cake
- In a bowl sift the flour, cocoa and baking powder and soda together with the salt. Mix well. In a food processor blend the tofu, soy milk, syrup of your choice, oil and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix to combine. Fill 12 greased muffin moulds half full then place 1 big tablespoon of ganache on top. Top with more mixture to fill the mould. Bake at 180C for 15 minutes or until they are firm to touch and pull away from the sides.
- Serve dusted with cocoa powder, ice cream and scattered berries.