Serves 4 to 8
- 6 vine ripend tomatoes
- Cucumber, peeled
- ¼ small red onion, peeled
- Red pepper, halved and seeded
- 1 green pepper, halved and seeded
- 4 heaped tablespoons each of roughly chopped fresh coriander and parsley
- Garlic clove, crushed to a paste with salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Flaked salt
- Black pepper
- 200g greek yoghurt thinned with 1 tablespoon milk
- 35g beurre noisette
- 1 teaspoon turkish chilli flakes (kirmizi biber)
- 1 tsp sumac
- Warm flatbread
- For the dressing, whisk all the ingredients together and taste for seasoning.
- Chop the tomatoes, cucumber, onion and red and green peppers very finely and place in a bowl.
- Add the herbs and dressing. Toss well and check for seasoning.
- Spread the chopped salad out on a large plate. Spoon the yoghurt over the centre of the salad,
- Then drizzle the warm caramelised butter all over. Sprinkle with the chilli flakes and sumac. Eat with bread.