Sumac: Herb Salad with Crisp Bread, Goats Feta, Radish and Walnuts
- 1 piece wholemeal Lebanese bread
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 tsp sumac, ground
- A handful each of parsley, coriander and watercress leaves
- 1 cup goats feta
- ½ cup walnuts, toasted
- ½ red radish, sliced thinly
- 2 lemons, squeezed
- Olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper
- Roll the bread up tightly and slice finely. Het your oil and fry the bread until it turns golden. Remove from the pan and drain on absorbent paper.
- In a small bowl add your onion and sumac. Toss. In a separate bowl add the herbs, crumbled feta, nuts, radish and fried bread. Toss gently.
- Finally whisk together your lemon juice, olive oil and seasoning then pour over your salad. Toss gently and serve with pan fried fish, chicken or meat.