Baked Mushrooms with Garlic, Bread Crumbs and Manchego Cheese
- 8 field mushrooms
- 100g butter, softened
- ¼ cup flat parsley chopped
- Cloves garlic crushed
- 1 lemon juiced
- Flaked salt
- 6 slices jamon or prosciutto
- 2 slices course textured sour dough bread
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 100g manchego cheese
- Pre heat the oven to 180C
- Brush the mushrooms lightly to remove any dirt.
- Place the butter in a bowl and whip with a whisk until light and creamy, stir in the chopped parsley, garlic, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Tear the bread into small pieces and place onto a baking tray, drizzle with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place into the oven and toast until light golden in colour approximately 4-5 minutes. Remove and reserve aside.
- Place the mushrooms in an oven proof dish big enough to allow the mushrooms to slightly overlap each other. Place a good blob of garlic butter on each of the mushrooms and season with a little salt and pepper.
- Lay the slices of jamon loosely on top of the mushrooms and sprinkle generously with the breadcrumbs.
- Grate or crumble the cheese on top and place into the oven for 10 minutes until the mushrooms are cooked and the bread crumbs are bubbly and golden brown.