- 4 cups good veggie or organic chicken stock
- 1 red onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 cup pumpkin, peeled and roughly chopped
- 4 medium sized beetroot, (and stalks if available) peeled and diced
- 1 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 tsp umeoshi vinegar or red wine vinegar
- Black pepper
- ½ -1 cup plain yoghurt
- Dill sprigs for garnish
- Put your stock in a large soup pot and bring to the boil. Add the onion, garlic, pumpkin and beetroot and stalks. Put a lid half on and simmer until the veggies are soft, about 20 minutes.
- Blend with the nutmeg, vinegar and pepper. Taste for seasoning. You may need to add a little more vinegar or sea salt. Serve with a dollop of yoghurt and dill.