- 3 trimmed lamb straps
- 1 finely chopped onion
- I cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 tablespoon roasted coriander seeds, crushed
- 2 tea spoons of turmeric
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (enough to oil the surface of a large non-stick pan)
- Trim the sinew and the fat from the lamb.
- Finely chop the onion and place it in a bowl.
- Lightly toast the coriander seeds in a non-stick pan, this takes only a few seconds, and grind the seeds, or crush them with the back of a knife or pound them in a pestle and mortar. Add them to the bowl with the yoghurt and turmeric.
- Mix the ingredients together and add the straps into the mix and massage with your hands or a spoon.
- Cover and refrigerate for three or four hours, preferably overnight.
- With a bit of olive oil on a non-stick pan or on a barbeque cook the straps 2 - 3 minutes on each side and let them rest.