Ikan Bakar Rica - Whole Fish with Chilli Ginger Sauce
Serves 1 to 2
- 1 plate-sized baby fish
- sea salt
- juice of 4 limes
- 2-3 chillies, finely sliced
- 3 shallots, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp freshly grated galangal (or ginger)
- vegetable oil
- Cut slashes crossways in the fish and rub in the salt and then half of the lime juice. Set aside for 15 mins.
- At the same time, whisk up the chillies, shallots, galangal and the remaining lime juice with 2 tbsp oil.
- Cut a large piece of foil, place the shiny side down on a workbench and lightly brush with oil. Then place the fish in the centre and spoon a decent amount of the mixture on top. Tightly wrap and cook on a preheated BBQ (or ridged grill) for about 15 mins, turning once and keeping an eye on it.
- Serve the fish with some cooking juices poured over the top and steamed rice and green vegies on the side.