Caraway Lamb Hot pot
Recipe twisted by Goody
- 4 lamb shanks
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Margarine or butter
- 4 tablespoons Flour
- 3 Onions peeled and sliced
- 8 Potatoes sliced thickly
- 2 1/2 cups Beef Stock Warm
- 2 teaspoons Margarine Melted or butter
- 1 teaspoon Caraway Seed in muslin bag
- 1 slices Bacon
- 2 Carrots.
- Melt margarine or butter, saute meat and onions together.
- Alternate layers of meat, carrots and onions with sliced potatoes in a casserole dish finishing with a layer of potatoes.
- Brush potatoes with melted margarine or butter and top with chopped bacon.
- Place a bag of caraway seeds on top.
- Pour over stock.
- Cover dish and place in a low to medium oven for approximately 1 1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
- For the last 20 minutes remove cover to allow potatoes to turn golden and bacon to crisp.
- Remove caraway seeds prior to serving.