John Dory with Summer Coleslaw
- 1 whole John Dory fish
- ¼ head of white cabbage
- 300g raisins
- 300g sultanas
- 500ml white wine vinegar
- 3-4 tablespoons of castor sugar
- Small handful of pine nuts
- Quality olive oil
- Heat the oven to 180C.
- Then trim the John Dory, cut off the fins and the head.
- Line a flat baking tray with tinfoil and greaseproof paper then put fish onto the baking sheet.
- Season the fish with some salt and drizzle all over with good quality olive oil.
- Place in the oven at 180C for 15-18 minutes.
- Remove the fish from the oven and take it off the bone.
- In a saucepan heat the white wine vinegar and sugar in a saucepan.
- Heat gently until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture has reduced by half.
- Add the raisins and sultanas allowing them to sit in the sweet and sour mixture (this can be done well in advance).
- Shred the white cabbage finely and put it into a large bowl.
- Add the raisin and sultanas to the cabbage (there shouldn't be much liquid left) and mix everything together thoroughly.
- Dress with some quality olive oil mix thoroughly once again.
- Finally sprinkle with pine nuts and check seasoning, adjust if necessary.
- Put some fish on a plate with a wedge of lemon and some coleslaw.