Crab with Dressed Jerusalem Artichokes
- 1 large crab
- 150g (5 oz) Jerusalem Artichokes, peeled and cut into 1cm slices (1/2 in slices)
- 25g (1 oz) unsalted butter
- 1 sprig thyme
- Juice of 1 lemon
- dash of rapeseed oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 teblespoon dijon mustard
- 2 eggs, cooked for 8 minutes and peeled
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and cook the crab for 15 minutes.
- Remove and refresh in iced water.
- Crack the shells open and remove the brown and white crab meat (use the shells and juice for stock of course).
- Meanwhile, bring a small pan of salted water to the boil and add the butter, lemon juice and thyme.
- Turn the heat down and add the sliced Jerusalem artichokes and cook on a gentle heat for 5-6 minutes until they have a soft bite. Drain well.
- Combine oil, lemon juice and mustard in wizz in a food processor until well-combined.
- Place dressing into a small bowl, add crumbled egg yolks and grated or finely chopped egg whites. Stir to combine.
- To assemble, place Jerusalem artichokes on a plate in circle. Place picked crab meat in the centre and drizzle with egg mixture.