Organic Chicken & Parmesan Schnitzel with rocket & preserved lemon salad
- 1 organic chicken thigh
- 1 Egg
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons clarified butter or Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- sea salt
- cracked pepper
- 1 bunch Rocket
- 12 Thin julienne slices of preserved lemon or Lemon Juice not essential but adds a lovely flavour to the dish
- Bash out your chicken thigh in a plastic bag with a rolling pin or meat mallet until it is even
- Mix the crumbs with the parmesan
- Place chicken in the flour and shake off excess, place in egg wash and then place in the crumb mix and pat evenly
- Heat some clarified butter or Extra virgin olive oil in a frying pan and when it is hot, place the schnitzel in it.
- Cook until golden and turn over and cook until golden, season with sea salt & pepper
- Serve with a salad of rocket & preserved lemon dressed with EVOO and lemon juice.