- 2 slices wholemeal bread
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Tomato, finely sliced
- Spanish onion, finely sliced (optional)
- Boil the eggs for 10 minutes, then remove from the water and run under cold water - this prevents them from continuing to cook and from the yolks from turning grey. When they are cool, peel them and add them to a small bowl.
- Add the mayonnaise, salt and pepper and carefully mash the eggs with the back of a fork. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Fold together until all is combined.
- Spread egg mix onto one slice of the bread, top with lettuce, tomato, Spanish onion and cress.