- Heat olive oil slowly until temperature right for slow frying **You can determine this by placing the end of a wooden chopstick in the pan, when bubbles slowly rise from the base of the chopstick, you are ready to fry your meatballs.
- In a large bowl, combine mince, breadcrumbs, parmesan, onion, parley, egg, garlic, lemon rind & juice, salt and pepper. Roll generous teaspoons of mixture in to backs and roll balls in seasoned flour.
- Fry meatballs until golden brown setting aside on paper towel.
- Remove excess fat and juices from the pan.
To make the sauce
- In the same pan, combine tomato puree, stock, wine, basil, garlic, salt and pepper. Bring to the boil.
***While doing this, also place your pan full of water on the stove to boil in preparation for cooking your pasta.
- Reduce heat and return meatballs to the pan. Allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes.
***While meatballs and sauce are cooking, add past to your pot of boiling water to cook.