» Print Recipe
Looking for recipe ideas for your family dinners? Give Allegra McEvedy's pizza recipe and blue cheese coleslaw a whirl.
Put all the dry dough ingredients into a big bowl and make a well in the center, gradually add the water and oil and mix until a dough starts to form then knead it for about 5 minutes, shape the dough into a ball and place in an oiled bowl and roll it around to coat it slightly, cover with a tea towel and leave in warm place to prove
For the sauce, fry the onions and garlic in the oil for a few minutes, add the lardons, oregano and chilli flakes and then cover and cook for about 15 minutes stirring occasionally
Tip in the mince in and turn up the heat, break up as it cooks, when its browned add the tomatoes and simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring regularly, then season and leave to cool
Turn the oven on to its highest setting
Roll out the pizza dough on a floured surface until its about 2mm thick, place it on a baking tray and leave it for 15 to 20 minutes to prove
Spread the sauce over the pizza base leaving a few cm round the edges. Scatter on the toppings and finish with the pepperoni
Put into the oven and cook for about 12 minutes until its golden and bubbling
For the New York Slaw with Blue Cheese Dressing::
Whizz or beat together the cheese, crème fraiche and lemon juice with a good grinding of black pepper.
Add enough water so that you have a mixture with the consistency of double cream (about 50 ml).
Toss the lettuce, apples, with some of the nuts and and half of the cranberries with the dressing, and scatter the last of the nuts & berries on top.
1. Letting a dough percolate slowly, over a day or more, so that the enzymes have ample opportunity to create a complex and delicious crust
2. Taking care to retain the bubbles and gasses in the crust dough, so that your pizza will have a bubbled and non uniform texture, and a much better taste
3. When your dough has finished rising, cut it into smaller rounds (the size of a single pizza, about 6 ounces of dough). Shape these little mounds of dough very gently into rounds. Stretch the dough gently and make every effort to retain every last bit of captured gas inside. You won’t keep it all, but if you are delicate, you can keep most of it. Very gently, press down on the top of each ball to flatten it slightly, into a sort of rounded disc shape.
4. Let these balls of dough rest for about half an hour
5. Cover your hands with a little flour
6. Rolling out homemade pizza dough can be tricky. The gluten in the dough makes it very elastic, so it may not be easy to stretch the dough to the size you want.
7. There are a couple of methods to shape either homemade or store-bought pizza dough. The most experienced pizza makers use the backs of their fists to gently stretch the dough, which keeps the dough's texture light. Most home cooks either press or stretch the dough with their fingers or use a rolling pin; the former method is slightly better because it is gentler, but both work well.
8. To create the perfect crust, form the dough into a round disk, then let it rest for 10 to 15 minutes so the gluten can relax. After the dough has rested, use your chosen method— pressing, stretching, or rolling—to flatten it further, dusting the dough with flour or dotting with olive oil to prevent sticking. Once the dough begins to snap back, let it rest for a few minutes again. When you start rolling again, it should be more cooperative. Keep in mind that you may need to let the dough rest several times while rolling it out.
» Metric Converter
We offer fresh cut bank instrument for lease, such as BG, SBLC, MTN, Bank Bonds, Bank Draft, T strips and others. Leased Instruments can be obtained at minimal expense to the borrower compared to other banking options. This offer is opened to both those and corporate bodies. We are RWA ready to close leasing with any interested client in few banking days, if interested do not hesitate to contact us via email: All relevant business information will be provided upon request. If Interested kindly contact me via Email:~ Contact : Mr. Petrovic Dorde Email: email@example.com Skype ID: petrovic.dorde
» 4h ago