Matt Tebbutt's Christmas goose recipe will be the star of Christmas Day.
Loosen the string and pull out the legs and wings a little – this helps the bird cook better. Season & prick the flesh of the bird all over This helps the fat to render down more quickly during roasting. Lay it on a rack in the roasting tin (no need to add fat as there will be plenty inside the goose), then place the roasting tin in the centre of the pre-heated oven at 180 degrees on its side for 30 mins. Turn the beast onto its other side & do the same then finally onto its back & cook for another 1hr. Draining off the fat all the time. While the goose is cooking, you can be making Giblet Gravy.
Mix the stuffing ingredients together, season & place in a dish with a couple of tablespoons of goose fat & bake for about 40 mins or so.
Boil the giblets in a large pan of water with the aromatics, while the goose is cooking. When the goose is cooked sieve the giblet stock. Drain off that excess fat from the goose tin and make the gravy in it with the remaining juices, giblet stock and white wine. Simmer till reduced and slightly thickened
To test when the goose is cooked, pierce the thickest part of the leg with a skewer – the juices should run clear. Remove it to a warmed serving dish, snap off the wing tips and allow the whole thing to rest for 20-30 minutes before
Serve with some bread sauce & roasted vegetables & sprout tops and the goose fat roasties.
• Fresh geese are only available in season - from Michaelmas at the end of September through to Christmas. Meanwhile, you can still enjoy the delights of cooking with goose fat and as spring beckons the first goose eggs will be on the market in time for Easter
• Fresh free-range geese are available direct from the farmgate or from a high class butcher or poulterer, and from some food halls and supermarkets. They are also sold increasingly through mail order and the internet
• Fresh geese can be bought from September to December. They should be ordered well in advance for Christmas.
• Geese are sold oven-ready, which includes the weight of the giblets. Oven-ready weights range from 4.3kg/9.5lb to 6.35kg/14lb and long-legged from 5.40kg/12lb to 9kg/20lb. Allow approximately 1lb-1.5lb per person.
• At home remove the giblets and store them, and the goose, separately in the refrigerator. Check the weight of the giblets and fat before stuffing the goose. This will give the correct weight and you can work out how much cooking time
1. Prepare as many of your vegetables in advance as you can. On the day, simply reheat in the microwave. This will free up space on your cooker.
2. When it comes to the turkey, don’t stress about the timings to have it cooked at exactly the time you want to eat. It benefits from at least one hour’s rest
3. Don’t be afraid to ask other family members to help. Give them all the jobs you don’t want to do; after all, there is no such thing as a free lunch, even at Christmas.
4. Lay your table on Christmas Eve. This should be your last job before bed. You will be so pleased in the morning that it’s already done.
5. Don’t panic. Your family are there to have a lovely time, not to award Michelin stars. And don’t drink too much before they arrive.
6. If you have cooked, under no circumstances should you do the washing up.
7. Prepare a Bloody Mary mix for Boxing Day. When you wake up, simply add vodka and use it to wash down a good English breakfast.
8. Lock the door securely when your guests have all gone and disconnect your phone. Let the dog out. Sleep well. And, most of all, have a merry Christmas.
» Metric Converter
» 2h ago
» 2h ago
Dear Sir/Ma, We have direct providers of Fresh Cut BG, SBLC and MTN which are specifically for lease. Our bank instrument can be engaged in PPP Trading, Discounting, Signature Project(s) such as Aviation, Agriculture, Petroleum, Telecommunication, Construction of Dams, Bridges, Real Estate and all kind of projects. We do not have any broker chain in our offer neither do we get involved in chauffer driven offers. We deliver with time and precision as set forth in our agreement. Our terms and Conditions are reasonable, below is our instrument description. DESCRIPTION OF INSTRUMENTS: 1. Instrument: Bank Guarantee (BG/SBLC) 2. Total Face Value: Min of 1M Euro/USD (One Million Euro/USD) to Max of 5B Euro/USD (Five Billion Euro/USD). 3. Issuing Bank: HSBC, London or Deutsche Bank Frankfurt or 4. Age: One Year, One Day 5. Leasing Price: 5.0% of Face Value plus (0.5+X)% commission fees to brokers. 6. Delivery: Bank to Bank SWIFT. 7. Payment: MT-103. 8. Hard Copy: Bonded Courier within 7 banking days. All relevant business information will be provided upon request. If Interested kindly contact me via Email:~ Maxie.email@example.com Skype ID: maxil.finance
» 5h ago