Paul Merrett serves up the ultimate in indulgent and homely dessert recipes - the crumble.
• Check the sugar level in the fruit when it is cooked, you will need to adjust depending on how tart the fruit is.
• If you don’t have a food processor make the crumble topping by hand.
• You can use any fruit in a crumble just make sure its in season.
• Don’t pack the crumble tightly or it will become doughy and uncooked when you bake it.
• I make a big batch of the topping and freeze it for future crumbles – this is a batch recipe so will do 3-4 crumbles I expect.