» Print Recipe
Cookies and Cream inspired cupcakes, with Oreo biscuit base. :D
1. Preheat oven to 180*C. Place 12 patty pans in cupcake tin and place 1 oreo at the bottom of the patty pan.
2. Sift all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
3. Make a small well in the centre of the mixture and add remaining ingredients.
4. Beat on low speed with an electric mixer until just combined. (Scraped down the sides to make sure all the eg is mixed in).
5. Beat on medium speed for 2 more minutes.
6. TASTE, taste the batter, if the batter isnt sweet enough add extra sugar or else when cooked it will become a tad bitter :D
7. Scoop the batter into the patty pans. (I like to move the tin back a forth to flatten the mixture in the patty pans to make the batter rise evenly.
8. Cook for 15-18 minutes.
RECIPE FOR ICING
1. Crush up the remaining Oreo's in a zip lock bag.
2. Beat icing sugar, butter and vanilla essence in mixing bowl. (Add more butter or sugar depending on required consitency. I like it not too thick as I pipe with a piping bag and adding the biscuts makes the mixure thick anyway.)
3. Add fully crushed biscuit pieces and mix through with a mixer to remove chunks.
4. Pipe onto cakes or just spread on with a small spatula. Whatever you like :D
Baking is all about taste, so if the mixture isnt sweet enough or flavoursome enough add more sugar or cocoa or vanilla, etc :D
» Metric Converter