Preheat the oven to 180c.
Put the apple chunks ,water and sugar into a saucepan over a lowish heat and cook until the apples are soft and in a pulp, about 10 mins.
While it is cooking stir it every minute or so to prevent it sticking to the bottom of the saucepan.
Taste and add more sugar if it needs it.
Transfer the apple pulp into individual bowls or one big pie dish and allow to cool slightly.If using blackberries, put them ontop of the apple now.
For The Crumble:
Make the crumble. Rub the butter into the flour, just until the mixture resembles very coarse breadcrumbs, (rub it in too much and the crumble will not be crunchy), add the sugar.
Sprinkle this crumble mixture over the slightly cooled apple and bake for 15 mins for small crumbles or 30-45 mins for large crumbles, or until the crumble is cooked and golden.
Serve warm with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
* Basically the apple pulp is the same as apple sauce, as you would serve with roast pork.So this is a great way of using up leftover apple sauce.
* If you are leaving out the blackberries, you could add 1\2 tsp ground cinnamon, or a few cloves to the apple. Crumble can be made with practically any fruit.
* I sometimes use different sugars in the crumble, sometimes dark brown, sometimes caster, etc. I also sometimes put some oats into the crumble, or nuts: chopped pecans , walnuts, nibbed almonds, etc., etc
* If you want to use less sugar, you can cook eating apples instead of the cooking variety. The eating apples when cooked have a slightly less fluffy texture, but it will still be good - just cut out most of the sugar when cooking the apples.
* For a summer time Rhubarb and Strawberry Crumble, just cook the rhubarb as you would for the Rhubarb Fool With Strawberries, but don’t reduce it till it’s too thick, let it be a bit more juicy - add the sliced strawberries, (but not the cream) and cover with the crumble, and bake.
» Metric Converter
» 3h ago
» 3h ago
Dear Sir/Ma, We have direct providers of Fresh Cut BG, SBLC and MTN which are specifically for lease. Our bank instrument can be engaged in PPP Trading, Discounting, Signature Project(s) such as Aviation, Agriculture, Petroleum, Telecommunication, Construction of Dams, Bridges, Real Estate and all kind of projects. We do not have any broker chain in our offer neither do we get involved in chauffer driven offers. We deliver with time and precision as set forth in our agreement. Our terms and Conditions are reasonable, below is our instrument description. DESCRIPTION OF INSTRUMENTS: 1. Instrument: Bank Guarantee (BG/SBLC) 2. Total Face Value: Min of 1M Euro/USD (One Million Euro/USD) to Max of 5B Euro/USD (Five Billion Euro/USD). 3. Issuing Bank: HSBC, London or Deutsche Bank Frankfurt or 4. Age: One Year, One Day 5. Leasing Price: 5.0% of Face Value plus (0.5+X)% commission fees to brokers. 6. Delivery: Bank to Bank SWIFT. 7. Payment: MT-103. 8. Hard Copy: Bonded Courier within 7 banking days. All relevant business information will be provided upon request. If Interested kindly contact me via Email:~ Maxie.email@example.com Skype ID: maxil.finance
» 6h ago