Preheat the oven to 180c.
Put the apple chunks ,water and sugar into a saucepan over a lowish heat and cook until the apples are soft and in a pulp, about 10 mins.
While it is cooking stir it every minute or so to prevent it sticking to the bottom of the saucepan.
Taste and add more sugar if it needs it.
Transfer the apple pulp into individual bowls or one big pie dish and allow to cool slightly.If using blackberries, put them ontop of the apple now.
For The Crumble:
Make the crumble. Rub the butter into the flour, just until the mixture resembles very coarse breadcrumbs, (rub it in too much and the crumble will not be crunchy), add the sugar.
Sprinkle this crumble mixture over the slightly cooled apple and bake for 15 mins for small crumbles or 30-45 mins for large crumbles, or until the crumble is cooked and golden.
Serve warm with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
* Basically the apple pulp is the same as apple sauce, as you would serve with roast pork.So this is a great way of using up leftover apple sauce.
* If you are leaving out the blackberries, you could add 1\2 tsp ground cinnamon, or a few cloves to the apple. Crumble can be made with practically any fruit.
* I sometimes use different sugars in the crumble, sometimes dark brown, sometimes caster, etc. I also sometimes put some oats into the crumble, or nuts: chopped pecans , walnuts, nibbed almonds, etc., etc
* If you want to use less sugar, you can cook eating apples instead of the cooking variety. The eating apples when cooked have a slightly less fluffy texture, but it will still be good - just cut out most of the sugar when cooking the apples.
* For a summer time Rhubarb and Strawberry Crumble, just cook the rhubarb as you would for the Rhubarb Fool With Strawberries, but don’t reduce it till it’s too thick, let it be a bit more juicy - add the sliced strawberries, (but not the cream) and cover with the crumble, and bake.
» Metric Converter
We offer fresh cut bank instrument for lease, such as BG, SBLC, MTN, Bank Bonds, Bank Draft, T strips and others. Leased Instruments can be obtained at minimal expense to the borrower compared to other banking options. This offer is opened to both those and corporate bodies. We are RWA ready to close leasing with any interested client in few banking days, if interested do not hesitate to contact us via email: All relevant business information will be provided upon request. If Interested kindly contact me via Email:~ Mr. Bernard butty Email: email@example.com skype: butty.bernard
» 10h ago
We offer our financial instrument- lease BG/SBLC for such business covering Aviation, real estate development, oil and gas, bio tech, heavy construction involving dams, irrigation scheme, Hospitality, Foods industry, telecoms, laboratory etc. For further details contact us with the below information.... Contact : Mr. Sorin Lassmann Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Skype ID: ls.nicu
» 13h ago