This is a classic sandwich that has spawned several variations.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Sprinkle the corned beef with a little water, wrap it tightly in aluminium foil and steam it in the oven.
3. When the corned beef in nicely warm, unwrap it. Spread each slice of bread with Russian dressing or mustard.
4. Layer with corned beef, an equal amount of sauerkraut and slices of Swiss cheese, then top the sandwiches with the remaining slices of bread (dressing-side down).
5. Heat a large heavy skillet over medium flame. Brush one side of the sandwiches with melted butter. Put the sandwiches in the pan and brush the other side with butter. Then weigh the sandwiches down with a heavy lid or heat-proof bowl topped with something heavy.
6. Grill until crisp and golden on the first side, about 7 minutes. Flip the sandwiches and cook until the second sides are well toasted and the cheese is melted.
7. Cut each sandwich in half diagonally and serve.
Russian Dressing-(yields 2 cups)
Combine all ingredients and mix well.
*Best eaten with a big kosher dill pickle and a beer.
* A “Rachel” varies from a Reuben in that it is made with pastrami or turkey instead of corned beef and often coleslaw instead of sauerkraut.
* Some recipes substitute ketchup for the chilli sauce
» Metric Converter
Hello, I am provider mandate I can deliver bank instruments (BG/SBLC & MTN) on lease to Organizations or individuals with their preferred text verbiage as approved by their bankers. Our bank instrument can be engaged in PPP Trading, Discounting, Signature Project(s) such as Aviation, Agriculture, Petroleum, Telecommunication, Construction of Dams, Bridges, Real Estate and all kind of projects. Our terms and procedures are so flexible and workable by RWA clients. If Interested you send me an EMAIL IN other to proceed immediately also The provider is ready to close deal. Thanks E-mail: Patil.firstname.lastname@example.org Skype id: Patil.broker
» 20h ago