» Print Recipe
This is a classic sandwich that has spawned several variations.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Sprinkle the corned beef with a little water, wrap it tightly in aluminium foil and steam it in the oven.
3. When the corned beef in nicely warm, unwrap it. Spread each slice of bread with Russian dressing or mustard.
4. Layer with corned beef, an equal amount of sauerkraut and slices of Swiss cheese, then top the sandwiches with the remaining slices of bread (dressing-side down).
5. Heat a large heavy skillet over medium flame. Brush one side of the sandwiches with melted butter. Put the sandwiches in the pan and brush the other side with butter. Then weigh the sandwiches down with a heavy lid or heat-proof bowl topped with something heavy.
6. Grill until crisp and golden on the first side, about 7 minutes. Flip the sandwiches and cook until the second sides are well toasted and the cheese is melted.
7. Cut each sandwich in half diagonally and serve.
Russian Dressing-(yields 2 cups)
Combine all ingredients and mix well.
*Best eaten with a big kosher dill pickle and a beer.
* A “Rachel” varies from a Reuben in that it is made with pastrami or turkey instead of corned beef and often coleslaw instead of sauerkraut.
* Some recipes substitute ketchup for the chilli sauce
» Metric Converter
Dear Partner/Associate, I am a direct Mandate to a genuinely renowned Investment Finance Company offering Cash and Asset Backed Financial Instruments such as BG/SBLC/MTN/LC/DLC on Lease and Sale at the best rates and with the most feasible procedures. Instruments offered can be put in all forms of trade and can be monetized or discounted for direct funding. We offer certifiable and verifiable bank instruments via Swift Transmission from a genuine provider capable of taking up time bound transactions. Kindly contact for genuine inquiries and I can provider you with the needed information.Email:email@example.comSkype:dehgan.fundingsWarm Regards Seyed Hassan Dehgani
» 2h ago
» 12h ago