This is a classic sandwich that has spawned several variations.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Sprinkle the corned beef with a little water, wrap it tightly in aluminium foil and steam it in the oven.
3. When the corned beef in nicely warm, unwrap it. Spread each slice of bread with Russian dressing or mustard.
4. Layer with corned beef, an equal amount of sauerkraut and slices of Swiss cheese, then top the sandwiches with the remaining slices of bread (dressing-side down).
5. Heat a large heavy skillet over medium flame. Brush one side of the sandwiches with melted butter. Put the sandwiches in the pan and brush the other side with butter. Then weigh the sandwiches down with a heavy lid or heat-proof bowl topped with something heavy.
6. Grill until crisp and golden on the first side, about 7 minutes. Flip the sandwiches and cook until the second sides are well toasted and the cheese is melted.
7. Cut each sandwich in half diagonally and serve.
Russian Dressing-(yields 2 cups)
Combine all ingredients and mix well.
*Best eaten with a big kosher dill pickle and a beer.
* A “Rachel” varies from a Reuben in that it is made with pastrami or turkey instead of corned beef and often coleslaw instead of sauerkraut.
* Some recipes substitute ketchup for the chilli sauce
» Metric Converter
We offer fresh cut bank instrument for lease, such as BG, SBLC, MTN, Bank Bonds, Bank Draft, T strips and others. Leased Instruments can be obtained at minimal expense to the borrower compared to other banking options. This offer is opened to both those and corporate bodies. We are RWA ready to close leasing with any interested client in few banking days, if interested do not hesitate to contact us via email: All relevant business information will be provided upon request. If Interested kindly contact me via Email:~ Mr. Bernard butty Email: firstname.lastname@example.org skype: butty.bernard
» 40m ago