This is a classic sandwich that has spawned several variations.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Sprinkle the corned beef with a little water, wrap it tightly in aluminium foil and steam it in the oven.
3. When the corned beef in nicely warm, unwrap it. Spread each slice of bread with Russian dressing or mustard.
4. Layer with corned beef, an equal amount of sauerkraut and slices of Swiss cheese, then top the sandwiches with the remaining slices of bread (dressing-side down).
5. Heat a large heavy skillet over medium flame. Brush one side of the sandwiches with melted butter. Put the sandwiches in the pan and brush the other side with butter. Then weigh the sandwiches down with a heavy lid or heat-proof bowl topped with something heavy.
6. Grill until crisp and golden on the first side, about 7 minutes. Flip the sandwiches and cook until the second sides are well toasted and the cheese is melted.
7. Cut each sandwich in half diagonally and serve.
Russian Dressing-(yields 2 cups)
Combine all ingredients and mix well.
*Best eaten with a big kosher dill pickle and a beer.
* A “Rachel” varies from a Reuben in that it is made with pastrami or turkey instead of corned beef and often coleslaw instead of sauerkraut.
* Some recipes substitute ketchup for the chilli sauce
» Metric Converter
» 13h ago
A wonderful 2015 wedding cannot miss the latest beautiful and lovely 2015 bridesmaid dresses! Many of popular bridesmaid dress styles and colors are offered at Angeldress.co.uk. Each maid girl will have her own style and beauty at the wedding. Just enjoy the shopping now at [url=http://www.angeldress.co.uk/bridesmaid-dresses-2015-uk8151]http://www.angeldress.co.uk/bridesmaid-dresses-2015-uk8151[/url]. [img]http://www.angeldress.co.uk/images/large/bridesmaids/20140923/knee-length-chiffon-a-line-one-shoulder-natural-waist-bridesmaid-dress-with-ruffles_1405040040.jpg[/img]
» 14h ago
Dear Sir/Ma, We have direct providers of Fresh Cut BG, SBLC and MTN which are specifically for lease. Our bank instrument can be engaged in PPP Trading, Discounting, Signature Project(s) such as Aviation, Agriculture, Petroleum, Telecommunication, Construction of Dams, Bridges, Real Estate and all kind of projects. We do not have any broker chain in our offer neither do we get involved in chauffer driven offers. We deliver with time and precision as set forth in our agreement. Our terms and Conditions are reasonable, below is our instrument description. DESCRIPTION OF INSTRUMENTS: 1. Instrument: Bank Guarantee (BG/SBLC) 2. Total Face Value: Min of 1M Euro/USD (One Million Euro/USD) to Max of 5B Euro/USD (Five Billion Euro/USD). 3. Issuing Bank: HSBC, London or Deutsche Bank Frankfurt or 4. Age: One Year, One Day 5. Leasing Price: 5.0% of Face Value plus (0.5+X)% commission fees to brokers. 6. Delivery: Bank to Bank SWIFT. 7. Payment: MT-103. 8. Hard Copy: Bonded Courier within 7 banking days. All relevant business information will be provided upon request. If Interested kindly contact me via Email:~ Maxie.email@example.com Skype ID: maxil.finance
» 22h ago