Advert
Advert
Main content

Sign Out

What to do with all those chilli's

Please login to comment
Posted by WITCHYPOO • 5y ago • Report
I dry my chilli's in a very low oven then crush them put them in a sealed container and you have your own chilli flakes, i also slice them put them in oil and simmer for about 20 min and strain good for gifts in a nice bottle with a whole chilli for decoration
Posted by sh@rp.i • 5y ago • Report
HELP, does anyone else out there have an energetic chilli plant?? I have an enormous amount of the little buggers. Anyone got a good jam, oil or sauce recipe that I can use to preserve them?
Posted by hungry girl • 5y ago • Report
Hi Jazzy ... I'd love to see the recipe - I'll keep an eye on your profile to see when it's up ... thanks!!
Posted by hungry girl • 5y ago • Report
Hi Sh@rpi - for flavoured oil, just cover a few chillis in olive oil and seal - delicious! I'm not sure about chilli jam, however there is a Jamie Oliver recipe on the site that I have been meaning to try -

http://www.lifestylefood.com.au/recipes/3019/cheeky-chillipepper-chutney

Let me know if you do try it. I freeze my chillis and they freeze really well. Just a thought if you want to hold on to them while you find something ... hg.
Posted by Jazzy • 5y ago • Report
Hi there, I have a nice recipe for chilli jam if you would like me to post it?
Posted by Jazzy • 5y ago • Report
Sorry for late reply:

Chilli Jam (Microwave)

Makes 2 1/2 cups

Ingredients

6 small red chillies (see note), chopped
4 large red banana chillies, chopped
1 small brown onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups white sugar
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar

Method

Place chillies, onion, garlic, salt and 1/2 cup cold water in a food processor. Process until finely chopped. Transfer to a large, heatproof, microwave-safe bowl. Add sugar and vinegar. Stir to combine.
Microwave mixture, uncovered, on HIGH (100%) for 4 minutes, stirring every minute, or until sugar dissolves. Microwave on HIGH (100%) for a further 20 to 25 minutes or until thick and pulpy.
Spoon hot jam into hot sterilised jars. Seal. Turn upside down for 2 minutes. Turn upright. Allow to cool.
  • Create your own cookbooks
  • Save your favourite recipes
  • Share your own recipes
  • Follow your favourite chefs
Sign In or Register Now