Willie’s Classic Chocolate Tart
For the base…
• 150g plain flour
• 75g butter
• Zest of one orange
• 2 egg yolks
• 50g icing sugar
For the chocolate centre…
• 150ml cream
• 50g grated cacao
• 100g brown sugar
• 2 eggs
• Pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 120 degrees.
2. Place all the ingredients for the base into a food processor and blitz until combined.
3. Cover in cling film and refrigerate for approximately half an hour.
4. Roll out the dough on a floured surface to 5mm consistency and line a tart tin, trimming the edges.
5. Blind bake the pastry while you prepare the chocolate centre.
6. Place the cream, sugar, cacao and eggs into a saucepan and whisk over a gentle heat until the sugar is dissolved.
7. Allow the mixture to cool slightly before you pour it into the cake tin.
8. Bake for 20 mins at 120 degrees and decorate with some chocolate curls and icing sugar.
Watch Willie’s Perfect Chocolate Christmas on The LifeStyle Channel.