There are no rules when it comes to making sandwiches, but here’s a tip that’s especially useful for roast beef sambos. Spreads or condiments should be spread on both sides of the bread to stop it from becoming soggy. Also don’t overdo it with accompaniments, make your juicy leftover roast beef the hero.
Start out with fresh bread, wraps or crunchy rolls, finely sliced roast beef and add:
- Mustard, tomato and lettuce
- Cheddar cheese and mango chutney
- Tomato, cucumber and relish (try spicy tomato, capsicum or beetroot)
- Cream cheese, chives, rocket and red onion
Deliciously juicy roast beef salads
Salad greens and juicy roast beef combine for an almost instant meal. Use them as your starting point, add one of these flavourful combinations, then drizzle with a little salad dressing.
- Cherry tomatoes, feta, cucumber and basil leaves - Asparagus and roasted capsicum
- Sliced radish, orange segments and mint - Green beans, red onion and capers
For more great ideas on ways to enjoy leftover roast beef, visit enticemagazine.com.au to see how it’s done.