Dozens of Australia's top winemakers will gather on the Sunshine Coast this winter as Hyatt Regency Coolum hosts the annual gourmet festival A Taste of Coolum from June 24 to 26, 2011.
Attracting hundreds of food and wine lovers from around the country, the three-day festival offers a succession of culinary celebrations and a chance to mingle with some of the most respected names in the Australian wine industry.
Luxury escapes are available at Hyatt Regency Coolum over the Taste of Coolum weekend from $225 per night, including accommodation for two in a King Room and breakfasts.
Among participants already confirmed for this year's A Taste of Coolum are winemakers from Geoff Merrill Wines, Rockford Wines, Crittenden Estate, Pizzini Wines, Coriole Vineyards, Chalk Hill, Dal Zotto Wines, Jasper Hill Vineyard, Radford Wines and Craggy Range Winery.
Highlights of A Taste of Coolum 2011 include:
· Champagne Degustation Dinner, Friday June 24 - hosted by champagne supremo Bernadette O'Shea, $295 per person including dinner and matched champagnes.
· Wine Makers' Golf Tournament, Saturday June 25 - with wine-tasting stations, entertainment and prizes, $140 per person including green fees and wines.
· A Night in Italy, Saturday June 25 - the Village Square transforms into a lively piazza hosted by Italian guest chef Luca Digirolamo, $85 per person including dinner and wines.
· Tri Nations Dinner, Saturday June 25 - an a la carte dinner hosted by television presenter Sofie Formica and charismatic winemaker Geoff Merrill, $165 per person including dinner and matched wines from Australia, New Zealand and South Africa.
· Chefs Alfresco, Sunday June 26 - the key tasting event of the weekend, offering great food and a festive circuit of displays from more than 40 Australian winemakers, $75 per person including food and wines.
For more information and bookings contact Hyatt Regency Coolum on 07 5446 1234.
See also www.coolum.regency.hyatt.com and www.coolumevents.com