Picnics are one of the highlights of the warmer months, but all too often they fail to live up to expectations.
Soggy sandwiches, wilted salad, sweaty cheese or an army of ants can all ruin the romance of dining al fresco.
Here's some tips on planning the perfect picnic. The single most important thing to remember is "simplicity":
- Prepare food that's easy to eat
- Consider buying ready made food to take away such as spring rolls
- Don't take too much equipment, try to take food that can be hand held
- Use sealed containers like Tupperware or stackable Thai snack dishes
- Separate dishes into individual portions
- Try using a picnic rucksack instead of a hamper to free up your hands
- Invest in a rubber backed picnic rug
What's your top tip for packing for the perfect picnic?