1. Get the dough right by making it yourself
• The water should be warm (not hot)
• Mix the yeast and sugar into the water together at the same time
• Leave for 20 minutes
• Only ever add salt when you add the flour
• Add plenty of olive oil at the end
2. Let your dough rise twice
• Don’t refrigerate your dough
• Leave it out in the sun to rise
• Knock the dough down and let it rise again
• Your dough is ready!
3. Get the right ingredients
• Use quality mozzarella or bocconcini cheese
4. Use the best quality smallgoods for the topping
• You don’t need a lot!
5. Use a covered BBQ instead of an oven
• If you can get one they are much hotter
• If you can get your BBQ hot enough, you don’t need a pizza stone
6. Turn a roasting dish upside down and sit your pizzas on top of that
• Otherwise, the bottoms of your pizza will burn while the top of the pizza cooks
• Make sure you generously oil your pizza trays
7. A pizza is never finished when it’s cooked
• To top your pizza off, it needs pesto or garlic oil, fresh basil, fresh rocket, yummy cheeses and some delicious Doughboy chilli oil!