These little French delights are very in vogue. Learn how to make them suitably perfect with this easy guide.
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/gas mark 5 and brush your madeleine moulds with some melted butter. Dust them very lightly with some flour too.
2. Crack your eggs into a bowl and add the sugar. Whisk them together until very pale and thick. This will take a few minutes.
3. Sieve the flour into the egg mixture and fold in gently using a spatula or metal spoon.
4. Fold in the melted butter along with any flavourings you want to add.
5. Spoon the mixture into your moulds, filling them right to the top.
6. Bake them for 7-8 minutes or until risen and golden. Leave them to cool in the moulds then turn out and dust them with some icing sugar before tucking in.
Check out all the recipes featured on Cookery School.