These spicy meatballs are simple to make and scrumptious to taste.
Follow our how to make kofta guide and rustle up some meatball magic
1. Mix your mince, spices and herbs in a large bowl. Season really well with salt and pepper - mince can lack flavour if it's not seasoned enough. Plus the spices are much tastier when they've got a bit of salt and pepper in with them.
Also stick some wooden skewers in cold water so they don’t burn when you cook them.
2. Take a small handful of the meat mixture and shape it into a sausage with your hands. Keep going, and try to keep each ball the same size so they cook evenly.
3. Thread each sausage onto a skewer, or open it out and roll back around the stick.
4. Roll the koftas on a flat surface to neaten them up. You can put them in the fridge covered with cling film at this point, if you’re not ready to cook.
5. Brush the koftas with oil and heat a griddle pan until hot. Cook them for 3-4 minutes each side, or until nicely browned and cooked through. You can also cook on the barbecue, weather permitting if you're here in Blighty of course.
6. Serve up the koftas with minted yoghurt or a fresh, crunchy salad. They also make good fillings for wraps or pittas, or as party nibbles if you make mini ones.
Check out all the recipes featured on Cookery School.