When the signs of summer disappear and we start to crave warm, home-cooked meals, nothing brings people together quite like a lamb roast. Whether it’s a roasted leg or shoulder for the whole family, or a quick mini lamb rump roast, for a delicious midweek meal, go back to basics and enjoy what real food is all about.
Use this guide to find the perfect cut of lamb for every occasion:
1) Eye of shortloin / backstrap, lamb round or topside mini roast, lamb rump
• 15-20 mins for rare
• 20-25 mins per 500g for medium
• 25-30 mins per 500g for well done
Cooking Temperature: 220°C
2) Rack of lamb, four rib roast, crown roast
• 20-25 mins for rare (regardless of weight)
• 30-35 mins for medium (regardless of weight)
• 40-45 mins for well done (regardless of weight)
Cooking Temperature: 200°C
3) Loin (boned and rolled), leg or shoulder (bone-in), easy carve leg or shoulder
• 20-25 mins per 500g for rare
• 25-30 mins per 500g for medium
• 30-35 mins per 500g for well done
Cooking Temperature: 180°C
Looking for delicious roast lamb recipes? Why not try our Lamb Rack with Mediterranean Salad, Lamb Mini Roast with Oregano, Roast Lamb with Cherry Tomatoes and Asparagus, and Roast Lamb Rump with Tomato, Red Onion and Oregano recipes.
Plus, don't miss our inspirational Lamb Recipes Collection.