With the beautiful weather and summer on the horizon, it's the perfect time to get your friend's together and the roll the barbeque out!
Electrolux ambassador, Peter Gilmore gives is his advice on how to make the most of your barbeque when cooking seafood and meats.
1. Always preheat your BBQ before use.
2. When cooking seafood on the BBQ oil and season the seafood directly before searing on the hot grill plate or grill bars as this will reduce flames and help stop the seafood sticking.
3. Try not to turn the seafood over until a good crusts has formed to avoid lost of moisture and it helps keep the seafood in one piece.
4. Consider using your BBQ as an outdoor oven to cook other produce like young chicken or a leg of lamb.
5. When cooking a large piece of meat start at a high temperature to seal the meat say 250C for the first 30 mins, then turn down to medium to low 150C for the rest of the cooking to keep the meat moist. Always rest your meat for 15 to 20 mins before carving.
Need some recipe inspiration? Try these delicious recipes from Peter Gilmore!
BBQ Sea Scallop Mini Hamburger
BBQ Young Chicken Stuffed with Muscatel Raisins, Pinenuts, Lemon Marmalade and Feta