Farmers are bringing the freshest produce to your doorstep. These are our best Melbourne farmers markets!
1. Boroondara Farmer’s Market || Patterson Reserve. Auburn Rd. Hawthorn. Ph: (03) 92787 4814. vicfarmersmarkets.org.au
Buy fresh, tasty fruit and veggies and yummy just-because extras like Moondarra blueberries and Coorarong cookies. Metro and regional producers set up stall here so stew away those quinces for a mean winter porridge topping or summer parfait.
2. Veg Out St Kilda Farmers Market || Peanut Farm Reserve. St Kilda. Ph: 0407 411 198. vegout.asn.au
Make breakfast an egg and bacon roll before filling your environmentally-friendly basket with smoked meats and organic sourdough for the perfect toastie. There are also 150 garden plots run by community groups and local residents.
3. Gasworks Farmers Market || Gasworks Arts Park. Corner Graham and Pickles St. Albert Park. Ph: (03) 8606 4200. mfm.com.au
Every 3rd Saturday, meat lovers rejoice with Bultarra Lamb while veggies will re-fuel their iron levels with leafy greens. There is something for every foodie here especially those with a sweet tooth who come for home-style cakes and seasonal jams and preserves.
4. Collingwood Children’s Farm Farmer’s Market and Slow Food Melbourne Farmers’ Market || Abbotsford Convent. St Heliers St. Abbotsford. Ph: (03) 9416 2099. mfm.com.au
Every 2nd Saturday down by the farm sort your groceries from regional farmers in the paddock. Listen to Bell birds, devour a cheap brekkie crepe while collecting everything from Red Hill cheese to Holy Goat sourdough. Similar producers visit the Abbotsford Slow-Food market every 4th Saturday.
5. CERES Organic Market || Corner Roberts and Stewart St. East Brunswick. Ph: (03) 9387 2609. ceres.org.au
Pick up fresh beets, crispy salad staples and non-perfect fruit while reacquainting yourself with all things organic at CERES. With a nursery and café, they sell produce from their veggie garden on Wednesday and Saturday mornings.