Fill the hole at these doughnut spots.
1. Fritz Gelato || 334 Bridge Rd. Richmond. Ph: (03) 9427 9898. 11A Fitzroy St. St Kilda. Ph: (03) 8598 9090. Also @ Prahran and South Melbourne Markets. fritzgelato.com
If you can take your eyes away from the gelato, take a bite of one of their donuts. Everything is organic, from the flour to the duck eggs (yes! Duck eggs!). Whether you get the ring cinnamon or organic yeast jam donut balls, they’re in rice bran oil and dusted with organic sugar so you know they’re much better for you.
2. Walker’s Doughnuts || 26/2 Elizabeth St. Melbourne. Ph: (03) 9662 2254.
Right near Flinders St, grab a breakfast treat a fresh classic glazed on route to work or get a bag full, guaranteed to please. With loyalty card in wallet you will be dying to come back for the friendly service and quality takeaway coffee.
3. Olympic Donuts || 51 Irving St. Footscray. Ph: (03) 9689 4819.
Don’t miss the tradition of this 30 year old, family-run renowned donut van. Juicy jam is injected into every soft, golden delight, each individually sugar dusted. Not exactly the healthiest thing to munch on, but if they’re gonna be bad, they may as well be good bad!
4. Giant Steps || Innocent Bystander Winery. 336 Maroondah Hwy. Healesville. Ph: 1800 661 624.
After a long drive to Healesville and a munch and sip on some great pizza and wine, you won’t be disappointed by the Polish doughnuts from the off-shoot artisan bakery. Sour plum jam fills vanilla-infused dough for deliciousness full stop. Serious goodness.
5. American Doughnut Kitchen || Queen St. Queen Victoria Market. Ph: (03) 9417 6415.
When you next head to QVM to get your fruit and veg, don’t forget to stop at the American Doughnut Kitchen, you won’t be able to miss the smell! The jam doughnuts here are famous and taste as amazing, oozing with sweet pink jam and coated with sugar, they’re addictively good.
Click to save 30% off Melbourne's top restaurants