Cute as a button and ever-so-sweet, we want you to have some of Sydney's best cupcakes.
1. Cupcakes on Pitt || 2/323 Pitt St, Sydney. Ph: (02) 9264 4644. cupcakesonline.com.au
Cupcakes on Pitt has some really beautifully decorated cupcakes on display and the decadent toppings gives a pretty good indication of what’s inside – Cookies and Cream flavour is topped with an Oreo, Jaffa with broken pieces of the orange coated lollies and the Lamington with coconut-rolled chocolate.
2. The Cupcake Room || 13 Balmain Rd, Leichhardt. Ph (02) 9564 2642. thecupcakeroom.com.au
The Cupcake Room have remained in traditional territory instead of jumping the bandwagon with the current trend of wild and wide-ranging cupcake flavours. Their offerings are an old-fashioned buttercake base in a restrained number of flavours, topped with delicately-piped buttercream icing.
3. Ghermez || 329 George St, Sydney. Ph (02) 9290 2006. ghermez.com.au
The cupcakes here range from the classic – vanilla on vanilla – to more decadent flavours like marshmallow-filled chocolate. There are 20 different flavours on the recipe books here, but a rotating menu means you’ll have the pick of 12 on any given day.
4. Sparkle Cupcakery ||132A Foveaux St, Surry Hills. Ph: (02) 9361 0690. sparklecupcakery.com.au
Just as the name suggests, these cupcakes really play up to the sparkly, girly side. The slick Surry Hills store hosts champagne high teas and cupcake parties, while upstairs in the kitchen you can learn how to bake your own.
5. The Cupcake Bakery || Ph: 1300 635 002. thecupcakebakery.com.au
These stores are dotted around Sydney so you shouldn’t find yourself too far from a sugar hit from one of these places. The Lemon Meringue, with a liquid lemon curd centre, is definite a favourite, as is the Chilli-Choc and Custard Tumble.