Top-notch coffee at Cup of Truth
1. Brother Baba Buban || 359 Little Bourke St. Melbourne. Ph: (03) 9606 0449.
Linger over a rich, sweet cup with strangers by the communal table. BBB is the quintessence of Melbourne’s coffee culture. It is only small, but it does superb coffee and promotes single origins.
2. Cup of Truth || 12 Campbell Arcade. Degraves St Subway. Melbourne. Ph: (04) 1596 2922. cupoftruth.com.au
Another living proof that, in Melbourne, ‘small is beautiful’. Nestled under Flinders St, this tiny café and its friendly staff perk up Campbell Arcade and commuters’ journey with top-notch coffee.
3. St Ali || 12-18 Yarra Place. Melbourne. Ph: (03) 9686 2990. stali.com.au
With an emphasis on single origins, St Ali proposes a handcrafted selection of flavours and aromas. On offer, a range of rich, fruity and floral cups from El Salvador, Costa Rica, Kenya or Nicaragua. St Ali, specialty coffee at its best.
4. Proud Mary ||172 Oxford St. Collingwood. Ph: (03) 9417 5930.
The brekkie is great. The staff is friendly. But the coffee is what Proud Mary should be the most proud of. The drops produced with the custom-made Synesso espresso machine are rich and flavoursome. Be warned: seriously addictive.
5. Sensory Lab || 297 Little Collins. Melbourne. Ph: (03) 9643 2610. sensorylab.com.au
Nothing like a proper coffee break during a… shopping session! Head down to David Jones’ Sensory Lab and witness lab-coated whizzes brewing your espresso to perfection. You can also buy coffee beans, equipment, or learn to pour your own. The Sensory Lab, science and art in a cup.
Click to save 30% off Melbourne's top restaurants