Birthday, wedding, just because? We know where to get a cake for any occasion!
1. Le Petit Gateau || 458 Little Collins St. Melbourne. Ph: (03) 9944 8893 lepetitgateau.com.au
Sit in and indulge with a hot chocolate before collecting unique creations or irresistible classics like a passionfruit and chocolate gateau. All made with passion and skill, cake lovers rejoice at this inner-city gem!
2. Brunetti Cakes || 194-204 Faraday St. Carlton. Ph: (03) 9347 2801. brunetti.com.au
A Carlton institution baking everything Italian and all things sweet, here you will find an array of celebratory cakes on display like the Braziliana, a Vanilla sponge with coffee liqueur, coffee cream and chocolate chips. Now with a few locations about Melbourne, there’s no excuse for no cake!
3. Let Them Eat Cake || 147-149 Cecil St. South Melbourne. Ph: (03) 9686 0077. letthemeatcake.com.au
A cake shop with flair and imagination, it is obvious in their creations. Your three-year-old will be delighted with their enormous car or cartoon cake. Let them eat cake? Yes please do!
4. Hausfrau || 32A Ballarat St. Yarraville. Ph: (03) 9687 8364.
From birthday cake to last minute dessert, don’t bother with the mixer because these guys do classic European cakes like sachertortes as well as fruity tarts, beautiful cheesecakes and amazing lemon meringue pies. You’ll be looking for an excuse to celebrate!
5. Sugardough Panificio and Patisserie || 163 Lygon St. East Brunswick. Ph: (03) 9380 4060. sugardough.com.au
Here, amongst the quirky and quaint décor, you will find every cake imaginable. Perhaps you’d like a dozen or so decadent cupcakes, or a small lemon tart, however we’d suggest the large!