Ever wondered what the trick is to making the perfect cake? Look no further. See below for Brought to you by Kenwood's top baking tips!
1) Keep mixing to a minimum once flour is added to any cake, scone or muffin batter. Too much stirring can toughen the batter. The key to a fluffy cake, scone or muffin is volume. This will give you a nice even surface once cooked, as the flour isn’t over-developed.
2) When measuring honey or golden syrup, spray your spoon or cup with some cooking spray and it will slide right off.
3) When whisking egg whites, the eggs, bowl and utensils must be impeccably clean. This means not a trace of yolk, fat or soap, otherwise the egg whites will not whisk to full volume.
4) If you run out of icing sugar, put some caster sugar into a food processor or multi-mill and process for 5-10 seconds until it’s powdered.
5) Never allow any water to come in contact with melting chocolate. All utensils must be clean and dry to prevent chocolate from seizing up. Chocolate should only be melted over low heat. If melting in the microwave, use 50% power to help prevent burning.