You will need:
1x 180g Petuna ocean trout (per person)
Top 5 Tips for the Perfect Grilled Fish:
1) Turn the barbecue grill plate on to high and sprinkle with salt. This will increase the conductivity of heat. Apply a drizzle of oil over the salt.
2) Once the oil begins to smoke a little, it’s ready. Turn the heat down to medium.
3) Take the Ocean Trout fillet and place it on the grill with the presentation side on the grill first (the side which will face up on the plate when served). Ensure to lay the fillet down away from your body, to avoid any hot oil splashing toward you.
4) As the Ocean Trout begins to cook, a white line of cooked flesh will appear up the side of the fillet. For a perfect medium-rare result, turn the fish when the white line has risen approximately one third of the way through the fillet.
5) Continue grilling until the white line on the OTHER side has risen approximately one third of the way through the fillet.
If you are concerned about overcooking the thinner part of the fillet, position the fillet on the edge of the barbecue with the thin portion of the fish hanging over the edge. This will stop the thin portion from continuing to cook while allowing the thicker portion to continue.